open twenty four hours

. . . because that's when i'm up.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Anyone Want Seconds on that Polyester?

Today at work. . .

I was minding my own business and board-folding a pile of shirts. My attention was torn from the pile, as someone asked me to go grab something from the back room.

Upon returning to the salesfloor, I walked past a (35 + year old) gentleman (with dreadlocks) on the men's side of the store.

He looked over at me strutting/traipsing/etc to my predetermined destination, and said,
"wow, you just look delicious in that skirt."

"excuse me?" i reply (half not having heard him, half hoping that i've heard him wrong).

"i said, 'you look delicious in that skirt'"

"thanks. . . ?" (thinking: WHAT?! can I ask him to leave?)

beautiful, hot, sexy. sure. these are all acceptable adjectives. but delicious? come on! I wonder if "no means no" applies to our customers as well. . .

of course, i told my manager about this indiscretion as i was about to leave for a fifteen minute break (whereupon i sashayed across the mall to the pretzel stand). . .

to add insult to injury, when i returned, he (almost unable to hold back the laughter), said "wow, kel, that pretzel looks delicious."

bright red, i faux-sulked my way to the back room to enjoy my "delicious" pretzel.

*sigh* i'm wearing pants tomorrow.

xo,

kellieannie

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a pretentious snob. Who "sashays across the mall to the pretzel stand?" I'm more disgusted by you than the man who said "delicious." At least he's original, and not some wannabe Carrie Bradshaw. (Ohhh, I love to see movies by myself late in the middle of the week...because I'm a "faux" Carrie). Some sound advice: if you are up to all things "unconventional," then I'd suggest becoming an original person, and not carbon copy Carrie.

Sincerely, A former class mate

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

well, i'm generally disgusted by anonymous "former classmates" posting comments on my blog.

*ahem*

at least i'm not afraid to sign my name to my thoughts and opinions.

xo,

kellieannie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home